To date the St. Maarten Marine Trades Association (SMMTA) has over 100 members and is growing yearly in numbers and in accomplishments.
As a member of the SMMTA you are not only part of a pro-active 100+ member organization working for the membership at government levels but you are also entitled to the following:
- free listing in our annual publication, St. Maarten Marine Trades Directory which is distributed at numerous international boat shows, St. Maarten marinas and several other key locations on the island
- free listing on our website www.smmta.com which is growing more and more in popularity with over 1000 hits per month
- regular SMMTA newsletter distributed via email
- competitive entry/exhibition fees at the annual MYBA St. Maarten Charter Show
- better company exposure to visiting vessels
- full voting rights
- access to SMMTA preferred advertising in international yacht publications
- the SMMTA Member ID Card
The SMMTA is made up of St. Maarten/St. Martin registered businesses directly benefiting of and dependent on the Marine Industry and of other businesses that the Marine Industry does not have a direct impact on. The Association makes the distinction between its members by dividing the membership in two groups: Ordinary members and Associate members.
The Marine Trades Directory was started in 1998. Today the MTD as it is called for short, has a circulation of 6,500 and is distributed at many international Boat and at our own MYBA St. Maarten Charter Show. The Directory is also provided to all yachts docking at the 4 major marinas in the Simpson Bay lagoon.